Skip To Main Content


New to Pasadena?  First time attending a PUSD school?  Find out how to register to attend one of our great schools.

School Registration


For new student enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year. Please verify McKinley is your homeschool at K-12 School Locator Here

  • Can I enroll my child in to Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten?
    • Your child MUST be 5 years of age by December 2, 2021 to qualify for Transitional Kinder or Kindergarten.


  • My child will be 5 years old by December 2021. Do I enroll in Transitional Kinder (TK) or Kindergarten?
    • Transitional Kinder:
      • Your child's birthdate must be from September 2, 2016 through December 2, 2016 
    • Kindergarten:
      • Your child's birthdate must be from September 2, 2015 through August 31, 2016

 Online Registration for New Students to PUSD or New Students to a School Site (TK-12)

  1. Access online Registration, select here

  • If your student has an IEP with SDC services, please contact the Special Education Department first. Click here for contact information.

  1. Include the following documents at the time of registration:

  • Your child’s birth certificate (copy)

  • Your child’s most recent immunization record (copy)

  • Transcripts or report card for middle & high school students only (copy)

Two proofs of residency (copies):

  • Recent gas, electric or water bill in parent/guardian's name

  • A deed of trust, mortgage payment receipt, rental receipt with a copy of the lease agreement, or a property tax bill in parent/guardian's name

For McKinley's School Registrar you can email Michelle Edwards  for more information

  1. If you are unable to complete online enrollment, you may mail registration form and documentation to Enrollment Permits & Student Records, 351 S. Hudson Avenue Room 123, Pasadena CA 91101 or Fax to (626) 795-9530. Please contact District Registrar, Annie Jananian before mailing or faxing documents. To obtain registration forms, select here: English form and Spanish form.

Note: Only legal parent/guardian may enroll a student. All documentation will be verified by staff before enrollment process is completed.